Aloha Airsoft

A gathering place for amateur and experienced airsoft players in the Aloha/Beaverton/Hillsboro area.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Capture the flag

Go down 
AuthorMessage
farraman
Admin

Weapon of Choice : Kalashnikov AK-47

PostSubject: Capture the flag   Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:24 pm

In this game type, one team tries to infiltrate the base of the other team, steal a flag, and return back to their base unscathed. 2 teams are needed, each of about 5 or more. One team is deemed the defenders, and the other attackers. When the game starts, the attacking team makes their way across the map toward the flag. To win the game, an attacker must acquire the flag and carry it back to the designated area. The flag carrier cannot fire their weapon and may not drop the flag until shot. The flag carrier may hand off the flag to another player on their team. When the flag carrier is shot, they must drop the flag and report to their base. If one of the defending team members picks up a dropped flag, they call out "clear" and must quickly return the flag to its starting position. Play goes on until the attacking team takes control of the flag, or the defending team acquires a predetermined number of kills.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alohaairsoft.forumotion.com
pat224

PostSubject: Re: Capture the flag   Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:14 am

that sounds fun. just to be clear though, if an attacker is shot but does not have the flag, does he/she have to return to base? or to they continue to play?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farraman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capture the flag   Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:18 am

Yes, of course. I haven't determined exactly how the whole 'respawn' thing works, but I'd like it to be the official's decision. We need to find a larger area to play so we can have objective based games and determine and test these rules out. Right now, the whole run n' gun thing isn't as fun.

Back to top Go down
pat224

PostSubject: Re: Capture the flag   Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:16 am

yeah, we need some obsticals. the forest would be good to test these techniques if we were to construct some obsticals. maybe we can make some that we can put up and take down easily and that we can stash in the forest in a way that would keep anyone from finding them. that way we can make the obsticals large with out worrying about bringing them with us every time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farraman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capture the flag   Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:32 pm

I don't want to have to make obstacles or anything, especially not in the wooded area. I scoped out the forest with boren today, and we determined some good areas to play from. In the forest, there's a clearing at the stream a ways back from the bridge that is gonna be great for an attacking spawn point. The area is towards where we usually access the forest, but still far from any homes. It has multiple trails leading to the bridge that players may use, or they can blaze their own trail through the terrain.

For this game type, we will have to have a moderator on the field, but I don't mind doing so for a while. I was thinking we could have the objective flag on the bridge. Both attackers and defenders will start the game from their respective spawn points far from the objective flag. At each spawn point, there will be secured a walkie talkie. when you are hit, you must return to the spawn area and ask the moderator, who will also carry a walkie talkie, to respawn. This will keep players honest about respawning. Also, this will allow the moderator to keep track of kills. I also plan on painting boundaries to keep players from spawn killing.

Back to top Go down
pat224

PostSubject: Re: Capture the flag   Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:53 am

sounds fun. do you have walkie talkys?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farraman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capture the flag   Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:03 pm

I think I might, I had some a long time ago, but haven't seen them for ages. I was gonna buy some specifically for our games unless people would like to donate on game day. We need at least 3, preferably 4

Back to top Go down
team evike

Weapon of Choice : still looking

PostSubject: Re: Capture the flag   Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:46 pm

i would put in some money for some or just a set
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farraman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capture the flag   Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:10 pm

I'm sure I could fine a set of 4 radios pretty cheap, probably even find them at target or similar stores. I'm gonna be out and about today, so I'll take a look around.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capture the flag   

Back to top Go down

Capture the flag
Page 1 of 1