Aloha Airsoft

A gathering place for amateur and experienced airsoft players in the Aloha/Beaverton/Hillsboro area.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Grenades and Launchers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
vonboren

Weapon of Choice : Mac 11

PostSubject: Grenades and Launchers   Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:26 am

An airsoft grenade launcher is quite different than a real grenade launcher. Airsoft grenade launchers are like large shotguns in that when firing, they send a shower of pellets toward the enemy instead of a highly explosive round. Most people use them as a back up weapon in hopes of taking out more than one person. The actual airsoft grenades can be found for pretty cheap but the launcher can cost as much as $200 dollars. Many people, including myself, buy the grenade and build the launcher themselves. I found 1 1/2" PVC pipe to work well for the barrel. They make the airsoft grenade shells 41mm in diameter to prevent you from putting it into a real 40mm launcher. Fortunately or unfortunately, the inner diameter of a 1 1/2" pipe measures 40mm so you will have to reem out the inside of the pipe a little for the shell to fit properly. The firing mechanism is a completely different story that I will tell you about at another time. I will however tell you that building your own mechanism can be quite simple or very difficult depending on how skilled of a craftsman you are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farraman
Admin

Weapon of Choice : Kalashnikov AK-47

PostSubject: Re: Grenades and Launchers   Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:38 am

And I encourage you to post you custom projects in the section designated as such.

Most airsoft arenas ban the use of grenades and launchers, so they're really only good for local skirmishes with friends, and even so, a lot of people are going to call the bs flag and outlaw the mere too (like you and my full auto). I don't recommend getting grenades and launchers except for show, unless you confirm the game to allow them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alohaairsoft.forumotion.com
vonboren

Weapon of Choice : Mac 11

PostSubject: Re: Grenades and Launchers   Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:12 pm

Are you saying I won't be able to use my grenade launcher at Patrick's birthday party?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farraman
Admin

Weapon of Choice : Kalashnikov AK-47

PostSubject: Re: Grenades and Launchers   Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:25 pm

Absolutely not!! That arena is very strict on grenade launchers inside the arena.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alohaairsoft.forumotion.com
pat224

PostSubject: Re: Grenades and Launchers   Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:46 am

yeah, its bad enough getting hit by one powerful shot let alone a hundred shots hitting you at the same time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grenades and Launchers   

Back to top Go down

Grenades and Launchers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aloha Airsoft :: Gear Discussion :: Shotguns & Launchers-
Jump to: